Thursday, April 8, 2010

So close

I had Vader in my grasp once and for all. He was rendered weak and I stole him away from Luke's ship, brought him to his home on Coruscant, stood above him with light saber poised ready to plunge it through his heart. Going through my mind was his cold black mask as he was torturing me on the Death Star, his cold hands on my shoulder when Alderaan was destroyed, and the most painful, seeing him torture my beloved Han. I was doing this for them, for all of us. He has shown no love for me, never has he acted as a father to me. He has been a tyrant and finally the galaxy would be rid of the one who takes pleasure in our pain, in our heartache.

I slowly began to lower the lightsaber and I stopped. New visions began to pop in my mind, visions sent by Vader. Visions of him lying in bed with Padme, resting his head on her belly, knowing he had a daughter, being THRILLED he had a daugther. I saw the visions and dreams he had for me: rocking me to sleep, looking lovingly in his arms at a sweet baby with Padme's face. Playing games with me, teaching me to pod race, loving me. Him picturing me being married one day, walking me down the aisle. Wanting me to follow Padme's steps into the Senate. All these dreams rushed in my head and at that moment I knew, despite the anger and hurt I feel for him..despite the distrust..despite the heartache he has caused me..that he loves me. He always has but for whatever reason the force has put us on a path where those dreams, his dreams could never be realized. With that, I couldn't do it. I dropped my saber and left. I LEFT. He was mine for the taking and I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it...maybe...I love him too.

2 comments:

  1. Nice piece of fanfic, although I'm not sure I buy into the motivation. Luke was always searching for a lost father whereas Leia always had one. One of the issues that was so quickly swept under the rug in Jedi was Luke's revelation to Leia that he was her brother, and that Vader was their father. Sure is a lot to swallow the night before you're gonna stop the Empire once and for all. I imagine Leia not being all too keen on the idea. Mind you, I have yet to read any stories in the Star Wars Expanded Universe where they deal with this very concept.

    But still, a nice piece of writing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This particular blog is in response to a story line I have going on in a RPG.

    My personal feelings are that I hate that Lucas never really gave Leia and Vader a chance to have closure. I imagine it was horrendous for her to find out that Vader, a man who tortured her, destroyed her home and family, cut off Luke's hand, tortured Han, was indeed her bioligical father. I hate they kind of left it as, "oh, luke's your brother, Vader's your dad" and that's it. Leia does consider Bail Organa her true father, but I wish they would have played up Vader and Leia's relationship more.

    ReplyDelete