Tuesday, January 12, 2010

World Peace

While listening to a fellow senator drone on about galactic peace today, my mind was brought to the "alliance" Darth Vader has proposed to me. On one hand, no longer would I have to endanger the lives of those who have pledged allegiance to the Rebel Alliance, because if what Vader has told me is true, the Empire would be demolished. However, my gut tells me not to trust him. He was part of the same crew that still destroyed Alderaan after I revealed the location of a rebel base, granted that base had been abandoned, but technically I did not lie. Once I sign the treaty, there is no going back. The fate of the galaxy is in my signature, but by not signing, I will be facing years of war, many lives lost. I am trying to keep my personal feelings out of this, I don't want to be the "Bush" of the galaxy but on the same token, I just don't trust Vader. I wish my father, Bail Organa, was still alive. He would know what to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment